“Usdan was the place where I found myself and my community. I got to explore my creative side
and meet other "outsiders" and visionaries who saw the world like me.”
What so many of our 40,000 alumni tell us is that Usdan shaped them no matter what career they ultimately pursue.
For some Usdan alumni, finding themselves at camp has meant discovering a new way of thinking and living. For others, it has meant answering a professional call, as it has for actors Natalie Portman, Jackie Hoffman, Olivia Thirlby, and Lisa Gay Hamilton; stylist and television personality Stacy London; singers Jane Monheit, Taylor Dayne, and Mariah Carey; Broadway playwright Michele Lowe; Grammy-winning producer Adam Abeshouse; Broadway personality Seth Rudetsky; Juilliard conductor Adam Glaser; and members of major American orchestras, and dance and theater companies. And, for many others, it has meant becoming professional arts educators.
Our highest hope is that the Usdan experience will instill in campers the courage to make creative contributions to their worlds, for the rest of their lives.
5 Ways to Engage
If you are an alum who is excited to deepen your connection with Usdan, here are 5 ways you can engage with us today.
1. Follow us on social media
2. Complete the Alumni Survey
- Update your information in our alumni database
- Ensure you receive communications around opportunities that most interest you
- Work with you in an alumni leadership role, should it interest you
3. Support Usdan on Amazon Smile
- Did you know you could support Usdan by doing your usual shopping on Amazon Smile? Simply choose "Usdan Summer Camp for the Arts" as your supporting non-profit and Amazon will donate .5% of your order to camp.
4. Pass Usdan On: Help us Grow Our Community
- If you believe Usdan is a valuable place for children, we hope you will take a few minutes to think of a child in your life who would thrive at camp and share your experience and our website with them. By doing so, you will extend our reach to even more passionate young artists like yourself.
- Looking for some language to share? Email your request to our Manager of Marketing & Communications at email@example.com.
5. Become a Donor
- Since opening in 1968, Usdan has operated as a nonprofit camp, which means that 100% of our student tuition and all of our donations go directly into funding our programs and scholarships. Those scholarships enable at least 25% of our students to attend Usdan. We aim to preserve that opportunity and your support will allow us to continue to make Usdan a camp that draws students of all economic backgrounds. If you have questions about making a donation to Usdan or would like to donate to a specific program or fund, please contact Stella Shepherd, firstname.lastname@example.org.