Usdan has offered scholarships since our opening in 1968, in part thanks to the generosity of our donors. Usdan awards partial scholarships to families based on financial need. We also provide scholarships to families through partnerships with Long Island and New York City schools, afterschool programs, and arts and cultural organizations. In 2019, one out of three campers attended on some kind of scholarship.
If you are interested in donating to our scholarship program, please visit our Donate Now page.
Scholarships are available to families who received awards for our 2020 summer camp season. At this time, additional awards are not available. If you did not receive an award for our 2020 summer camp season and are interested in applying, you are welcome to join the waitlist below. Should there be any changes to this policy, we will communicate them promptly.
2020 Scholarship Families
If your child received a scholarship for our 2020 summer camp season, the following applies to you.
We are able to offer your child the same scholarship percentage received in 2020 for our 2021 4-week B or 8-week session.
- Your child must be enrolled in our 4-week B or 8-week session to receive a scholarship. Some exceptions apply and were noted when you received your award code for enrollment.
- Your child’s scholarship will be applied to their total tuition.
- If there was a Department requirement for your child’s scholarship in 2020, your child must take a Major in that same Department for at least four weeks of the summer season. Some exceptions apply and were noted when you received your award code for enrollment.
Please note: We are allowing this exception for 2021 only because changes have been made to our program due to the pandemic.
- For families who received need-based tuition assistance or a Founder’s Award in 2020: If your child has a sibling who has never attended Usdan before, you can enroll them and the same scholarship percentage will be applied.
- If you were enrolled in the Allegro program or received a Good Neighbor discount in 2020, you can receive the same scholarship percentage in 2021.
- You must enroll your child by January 15, 2021, in order to receive the same scholarship percentage as in 2020.
- You should have received a special promo code on or before December 14.
Should you have any questions about our 2021 scholarship program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.