Usdan has offered scholarships since our opening in 1968, in part thanks to the generosity of our donors. Usdan awards partial scholarships to families based on financial need. We also provide scholarships to families through partnerships with Long Island and New York City schools, afterschool programs, and arts and cultural organizations. In 2019, one out of three campers attended on some kind of scholarship.
If you are interested in donating to our scholarship program, please visit our Donate Now page.
NEW! Uniquely U Scholarship
We are kicking off the fourth year of our annual scholarship search — Uniquely U — and we want your child to apply. Uniquely U is a celebration of creativity and self-expression. Show us what makes you U, and you could be selected to receive a full eight week scholarship to Usdan.
Starting on March 29, 2021, we will be accepting submissions. Our Uniquely U website will be posted March 22 with additional information. The application period will close on April 25, 2021.
Should you have questions about Uniquely U, please email email@example.com.
You can now apply for a need-based scholarship for our 4-week B or 8-week session. We have limited funds available and encourage any family interested to apply as soon as possible. Please keep in mind that we are not able to offer full scholarships at this time.
In order to apply, please complete the simple form below to let us know what your family is reasonably able to afford. After completing the form, you will hear from one of our enrollment specialists within two weeks who will let you know what we are able to offer your family and walk you through next steps.
Should you have questions about our Founder's Scholarship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 Scholarship Families
If your child received a scholarship for our 2020 summer camp season, the following applies to you.
We are able to offer your child the same scholarship percentage received in 2020 for our 2021 4-week B or 8-week session.
- Your child must be enrolled in our 4-week B or 8-week session to receive a scholarship. Some exceptions apply and were noted when you received your award code for enrollment.
- Your child’s scholarship will be applied to their total tuition.
- If there was a Department requirement for your child’s scholarship in 2020, your child must take a Major in that same Department for at least four weeks of the summer season. Some exceptions apply and were noted when you received your award code for enrollment.
Please note: We are allowing this exception for 2021 only because changes have been made to our program due to the pandemic.
- For families who received need-based tuition assistance or a Founder’s Award in 2020: If your child has a sibling who has never attended Usdan before, you can enroll them and the same scholarship percentage will be applied.
- If you were enrolled in the Allegro program or received a Good Neighbor discount in 2020, you can receive the same scholarship percentage in 2021.
- You must enroll your child by January 15, 2021, in order to receive the same scholarship percentage as in 2020.
- You should have received a special promo code on or before December 14.
Should you have any questions about our 2021 scholarship program, please email email@example.com.