Thank you for your interest in Usdan Summer Camp for the Arts. Enrollment for the 2019 season will begin November 30.
If you would like to be notified when enrollment is open, please fill out the form below. If you would like to pre-register and ensure to be among the first to select classes when Enrollment begins, click here.
Feel free to reach out to our Admissions Staff at Questions@Usdan.org or 631-643-7900 or 212-772-6060 with any questions you may have about the application process.
The following information is provided to answer some of the questions you may have about Usdan.
2019 Season Dates
- 7 week session: July 1, 2019 - August 16, 2019, weekdays (closed Thursday, July 4)
- 4 week session: July 1, 2019 - July 26, 2019, weekdays (closed Thursday, July 4)
- 3 week session: July 29, 2019 - August 16, 2019, weekdays
There are five main arts departments at Usdan; Art, Dance, Music, Creative Writing and Theater. Additional study is offered in Chess, Nature and Recreational Arts. Applicants select a Major and Minor class, as well as a Recreational Activity, from the more than 100 courses Usdan has to offer. All students attend a daily Assembly.
Students at Usdan are divided into separate divisions, each based upon the student’s current grade in the 2018-2019 school year.
The four divisions are:
- Discovery: Grades Pre-K, K and 1
- Partner in the Arts: Grades 2 or 3
- Junior: Grades 4 through 6
- Senior: Grades 6 through 12
6th grade students may choose to go into the senior division if their schedule allows. Some students may have to audition. Students in grades 2 or 3 participate in an enhanced mentoring program called Partners in the Arts. Call for details 631-643-7900 or 212-772-6060.
Major and Minor Classes
After choosing the 3 week, 4 week or 7 week session, you select a Major class. Your Major subject is the one in which you have the greatest interest and desire to participate. Two periods daily are devoted to it. Examples: a violinist would choose orchestra; a dancer, ballet; an art student, painting, etc.
After making this choice, you then choose a Minor class. This Minor consists of one instructional period daily and is provided to give you an opportunity to enjoy an experience in another art form or in recreation.
Choose your Major and Minor activities with care, because it will be difficult to make changes in the assigned programs. Schedule changes, when possible, will be made upon the recommendation of the faculty within the first 2 weeks of the season.
*Please note: 2019 tuition rates will be available in November and are subject to change*
- Tuition for 7 weeks: $5,450* includes transportation and fees.
- Tuition for 4 weeks: $3,950* includes transportation and fees.
- Tuition for 3 weeks: $2,950* includes transportation and fees.
- Tuition for 2 weeks: $1,950* includes transportation and fees.
- No gratuities are expected or permitted.
- * Premium rates may apply for some classes.