- About Us
- When is Usdan's Summer 2016 Season and what is the tuition?
- What does my day consist of?
- What is a Major Interest?
- What is a Minor Interest?
- Do I have to audition?
- Is Usdan an overnight or a day camp?
- What is the difference between Junior Division and Senior Division?
- What is Partners in the Arts?
- Do students swim?
- What happens when it rains?
- Are scholarships available?
- Are there Counselors?
- Do I bring my lunch with me?
- What do I need for my dance class?
- Are there sports?
- 7-week session: June 27, 2016 - August 12, 2016, weekdays (closed Monday, July 4)
- 4-week session: June 27, 2016 - July 22, 2016, weekdays (closed Monday, July 4)
- 3-week session A: June 27, 2016 - July 15, 2016, weekdays (closed Monday, July 4)
- 3-week session B: July 25, 2016 - August 12, 2016, weekdays
Usdan offers the 7-week, 3-week and 4-week sessions only at the dates specified.
- Tuition for 7 weeks: $4950-$5450 includes transportation and fees
- Tuition for 4 weeks: $3,950 includes transportation and fees
- Tuition for 3 weeks: $2,950 includes transportation and fees
(Please note: 3-week bus transportation is provided at central pick up points throughout the NY area.)
- 10:00 - 11:55 Major Interest
- 12:05 - 12:25 Lunch
- 12:35 - 12:55 Assembly
- 1:10 - 2:00 Swim
- 2:15 - 3:05 Minor Interest
Please note that the schedule above is a senior division schedule. Junior division schedules place the major interest in the afternoon and swim and the minor interest in the morning. At 3:05, students depart.back to top
A major interest is the subject in which you have the greatest interest and desire to participate. Two periods a day are assigned to this activity. A pianist, for example, would choose piano as a major, a dancer would choose ballet and an art student might choose ceramics or painting.back to top
A minor interest is assigned to one period daily and is an opportunity for you to enjoy and experience another art form or recreation. We ask that each student choose 3 minor interests, but reserve the right to assign this activity. Please choose carefully for we may have to assign your third choice depending on availability.back to top
Usdan is interest-based. Most subjects do not require an audition. The only areas that require auditions are piano, Repertory Theater Company, jazz ensemble and jazz and tap majors. For audition information, please contact Usdan's New York office at (212) 772-6060.back to top
Usdan is a day camp. We do not offer overnight facilities for our students. All of our campers are brought to the camp by bus daily.back to top
Junior Division: students have completed 4th - 6th grades. Senior Division: students have completed 7th-12th grades.back to top
Partners is a program designed for students currently in the 2nd or 3rd Grade. In this program, each student is paired with a Counselor in Training who assists the student in getting from one class to another, making friends and getting the most out of their Usdan experience.back to top
Students may choose swim as a recreational activity for 1 period a day in Usdan's olympic size swimming pools.back to top
Usdan is open every day, regardless of weather conditions. We recommend that all students carry a rain jacket or poncho with them in case the weather becomes rainy. During swim or recreational periods, students report to the movie house. All other classes continue as usual. Students will be held in their classes if there is thunder or lightning.back to top
Usdan offers two different types of aid:
Scholarships for merit: Based on talent and ability, these scholarships are offered for high school age students wishing to major in Orchestra, Band, Chorus or Jazz Ensemble. These scholarships are highly selective and granted after an audition before a panel of experienced artists.
Tuition Assistance: Based on family need, a limited amount of Tuition Assistance is granted through TADS.
For information regarding either of these programs, view our Tuition Assistance page or please contact Usdan's New York office at (212) 772-6060back to top
The Discovery Program (designed for students who have completed, Pre-K, Kindergarten or first grade) has counselors, while the Partners in the Arts program (for students who have completed 2nd or 3rd grade) features CITs (Counselors in Training). As students progress into the Junior and Senior Divisions, they gain more independence and walk to their classes on their own, supervised by staff members across campus.back to top
Each student is required to bring lunch. We suggest that you pack it in an insulated bag with a freezer pack to protect it. An ice cream snack is provided to all students at the end of the day.back to top
- For Ballet: (girls): black leotards, pink tights and pink ballet slippers. Long hair must be neatly secured in a bun. (boys): White shirt, black tights, black ballet slippers.
- For Tap: Black bottoms, black tap shoes; (girls): black leotards (boys): white shirt.
- For Jazz Dance: Black bottoms, oxford jazz shoes; (girls): black leotards. (boys): white shirt.
- For Hip Hop: Black tops, black shorts, leggings or tights and jazz shoes or sneakers. Boys may wear white or black tops with black shorts.
- For Lyrical: Black tops, form fitting black shorts, leggings or tights and jazz shoes. Boys may wear white or black tops with form fitting black shorts.
- For Dance Adventure: Black bottoms, oxford jazz shoes; (girls): black leotards. (boys): white shirt.
- For Beginning Combination Dance: Black bottoms, oxford jazz shoes; (girls): black leotards. (boys): white shirt.
- For Theater Dance: Black tops, black bottoms and jazz shoes.
While Usdan is an arts camp, we do offer one period of recreational activities every day and the opportunity to take tennis, yoga, archery, swim or games, hoops and nets (light sports such as badminton, or volleyball for example) as well.back to top